Advice for Keeping Ants Away
They are social insects with extremely organized colonies of millions of members. Ants have a hierarchy where every member has its own role. The most prevalent ants that homeowners should look out for are fire and carpenter ants.
Triangle Pest Control offers pest control in Cary, NC to help eliminate pests like ants. There are many ways to minimize ant invasions, including:
- Keep wood and debris away from exterior siding.
- Keep kitchen clean: seal containers, wipe counters frequently, empty the garbage religiously, and avoid leaving pet food dishes out for long periods of time.
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water.
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house.
- Seal up cracks and small openings along bottom of the house.
- Store sugar, syrup, honey, baked goods, and other sweets in closed containers that have been washed to remove residues from their exterior surfaces.
If you are experiencing an ant infestation call Triangle Pest Control to eliminate the problem today.